3.26.2012

The Infinite & The Finite

This weekend was filled with snotty tissue, coughing (or should I say hacking?), the sound of a humidifier, and lots of naps on the couch. No, I didn't catch the flu (Praise God! Because it's going around my work) but it was still no fun when my coughs woke Rosie up or I couldn't take a full nap b/c of uncontrollable coughing and wheezing....but me being sick is a good reminder of my humanness. Valley of Vision- The Infinite & The Finite brought it to my attention:

 May I rejoice that while men die, the Lord lives, 
that, while all creatures are broken reeds, 
empty cisterns, 
fading flowers,
withering grass, 
HE is the Rock of Ages, the Fountain 
of living waters.

God is so good to remind me and thus renew my spirit when I am not feeling good at all. It reminds me of that scene from The Passion of the Christ when he says to his mother "I make all things new." Thank you God that I am just me and YOU are YOU.

Here is the except from the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment