3.13.2012

Little Dublin girl tells the story of St. Patrick

 If you are looking for something to show your children about St. Patrick this year here are a couple of videos we showed the preschoolers today. The first one is super cute but may be hard for kids to understand b/c of the heavy accent. I love it b/c the story is being retold by a little girl from Dublin in the 1960's. I wish I had the transcripts of everything she's saying. Here is the back ground on it from YouTube:


"This series, including the original Oscar-nominated short, from Brown Bag Films is based upon the 1960s recordings of young children telling Bible stories in a classroom to their schoolteacher. When a film crew arrives at an inner city Dublin National School to record the children, the result is a warm, funny and spontaneous animated documentary, featuring young children telling the story of John the Baptist, The birth of Jesus, the Crucifixion, Saint Patrick and others...."





4 comments:

  1. So funny! The child almost sounds Jamaican!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it precious?! I wish I could see the actual little girl!

      Delete
  2. These are adorable!!! It's also pretty awesome that their public schools taught these things - and even practiced memorization of verses b/c several of the shorts include kiddos quoting actual verses. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love little kids with accents. I think I'm gonna teach Rosie her verses with an accent ;)

      Delete